Spring hasn’t sprung quite yet, but sign-up bonuses at certain banks have started popping up. Take a look at some of the best checking and savings account bonuses that are available during the month of March. Qualifications and limitations vary, as do requirements for direct deposit and minimum balances, so be sure to read the specifics of each offer.
1. Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account | Bonus $400 | Offer expires July 31, 2020
To qualify: After opening your new account, you must make a minimum deposit of $25, then you need to set up direct deposit and receive at least $4,000 in your account via direct deposit within 90 days of opening.
Limitations: The offer is available in Dallas, Denver, Houston, Miami, Orlando, Phoenix, Seattle, and Washington, D.C., and is only valid when you open an account online. If you don’t qualify for the Everyday Checking account but you do qualify for the Opportunity Checking, you can apply this bonus to that account.
Sign up: Open your Wells Fargo Everyday Checking Account here. Your bonus will deposit into your account within 30 calendar days of meeting the requirements.
2. PNC Bank Virtual Wallet | Bonus: Up to $300 | Offer expires March 31, 2020
To qualify: Choose among the Virtual Wallet, Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend, and Virtual Wallet with Performance Select.
- For Virtual Wallet ($50 cash bonus), establish direct deposits totaling $500 or more within the first 60 days and make at least 10 purchases with the PNC Bank Visa Debit Card.
- For Virtual Wallet with Performance Spend ($200 cash bonus), establish direct deposits totaling $2,000 or more within the first 60 days and make at least 10 purchases with the debit card.
- For Virtual Wallet with Performance Select ($300 cash bonus), establish direct deposits totaling $5,000 or more within the first 60 days and make at least 10 purchases with the debit card.
Limitations: None listed.
Sign up: Use this offer link to open an account online or opt to receive a coupon via email to take to your nearest PNC bank branch. You’ll receive your bonus within 60 to 90 days of meeting conditions.
3. TD Bank Beyond Account | Bonus: $300 | No offer expiration
To qualify: You must receive a total of $2,500 or more via direct deposit within 60 days of opening your new account; afterwards, the $300 bonus will be deposited into your account within 95 days of opening.
Limitations: This account is not available in every state, so be sure to check your location. Additionally, there’s no minimum to open an account, but you must maintain a minimum daily balance of $2,500 to avoid the $25 monthly maintenance fee.
Sign up: Visit this TD Checking page, enter your city and state, click the orange “open account” button, and follow the instructions.
4. Fifth Third Bank Checking Account | Bonus: $250 | Offer expires April 30, 2020
To qualify: Enter your email address for a valid coupon to present upon account opening. Your account must reach a balance of $500 within 45 days of opening; the minimum balance must then remain at least at $500 for 60 consecutive days to earn the bonus, which will be deposited into your account within 10 business days of meeting requirements.
Limitations: To get the bonus, you must open the account at a physical location, which limits you to Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, Kentucky, Michigan, Missouri, North Carolina, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Tennessee, and West Virginia.
Sign up: Visit this offer page to enter your email address and receive your coupon, then go to your nearest branch location to open the account.
5. Chase Total Checking | Bonus: $200 | Offer expires April 20, 2020
To qualify: You can qualify for a $200 bonus when you open a new Chase Total Checking account and set up direct deposit.
Limitations: Must be a new Chase customer.
Sign up: Visit this Chase Total Checking page to apply online or enter your email address to get a coupon to take with you to open your account at any Chase branch while the offer is valid.